With an estimated 40,000 visitors in attendance, the 2012 Everything Jersey City Festival was again a huge success. See the coverage in the Jersey Journal (5/19/2012): Everything Jersey City Festival 2012 brings “life” to Heights neighborhood with food, music
The festival celebrates community pride and harmony. It is TEN (10) Blocks (Central Avenue between Hutton and Congress Street) long with FOUR (4) stages of family fun and FREE Music & Entertainment! Meet premier artists and artisans. Dine on delicious festival foods and take advantage of great one-day-sales at participating businesses and much, much more! Festival hours were from 11 AM to 6 PM (Street closure: 5 AM to 8 PM), rain or shine.
For updates, join our email list.
The Everything Jersey City Festival is organized by the Central Avenue Special Improvement District Management Corporation in partnership with Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy, the City of Jersey City Municipal Council and Division of Cultural Affairs, Hudson County Executive Thomas A. DeGise and Board of Chosen Freeholders. It is paid for in part by the Jersey City Urban Enterprise Zone Program.
|Exhibitor/ Vendor Application||Shopping – ONE DAY SALES||Volunteer Information|
|Sponsorship Opportunities||Family Fun Event||Community Advisories|
|Festival Entertainment||Getting to the Festival||Terms & Conditions|
In the News
- 05/21/2012 – Photos: Everything Jersey City Festival 2012
- 05/19/2012 – Photos from The Jersey Journal
- 05/19/2012 – Everything JC Festival 2012 brings “life” to Heights neighborhood with food, music
- 05/19/2012 – Activities, entertainment plenty for more than 40,000 attendees
- 05/19/2012 – Sunshine favors Everything JC Festival, contributing to its success
- 05/19/2012 – Thousands expected to turn out for annual Everything Jersey City Festival
- 05/14/2012 – 5th Annual Everything Jersey City Festival Set for Saturday
- 05/04/2012 – It’s Going to be a Party!
- 04/25/2012 – Dance Takes Center Stage at the 2012 Everything Jersey City Festival
Did you miss previous year’s events? Take a look back.
Connect with the Everything Jersey City Festival on:
Central Avenue Shopping
The Everything Jersey City Festival is hosted annually by the Central Avenue business district. It is the one day of the year when businesses on the Avenue coordinate a “Customer Appreciation Day” and do something special for a community that shops local first. The CASID is again coordinating a HUGE ONE DAY SALE with Central Avenue (jewelry, clothing, shoes, furniture, etc) businesses on the day of the festival. Many Sales will offer 10% to 50% OFF select merchandise. You will also find great treats and bargains at participating Sidewalk Sales.
From Salsa Music to Modern Dance and Rock and Roll, there will be something for everyone on the four festival stages! Artists interested in performing at this or future festivals are encouraged to send their press kit, including an audio and/or video sample of their work, to the CASID for consideration. Scroll down for our mailing address, or email us. If you’re not a performer but know of a good one we should consider, tell us!
Stage schedules for the 2012 festival:
|Time||Congress Street Stage||Hutton Street Stage|
|11:00 AM||Woodfish (Funk Rock)||The Audiobodies (Soulful Rock)|
|12:10 PM||Rumba Con Son (Salsa/Merengue)||Christine Santelli (Blues Rock|
|1:00||JC Legend Award Pres.|
|1:20||McLean Avenue (Celtic folk rock)||Choice (A-Cappella)|
|2:00||Pride & Harmony Award Pres.|
|2:30||Traditional Korean Dance Demo||Go Falcon! (Punk Rock)|
|2:50||The Manhattan Dolls|
|3:30||Leah Le Grace (Pop-Punk)|
|4:00||Outside the Box (Rock and Roll)|
|4:40||Swing Sabroso (Salsa/Merengue)|
|5:10||Chico Mann (Afrobeat)|
|5:30||Jang-Star Tae Kwon Do Demo|
|Time||Lincoln Street Stage||Thorne Street Stage|
|11:00 AM||DJ Pastiche||Oxygen Box (R&B/Rock)|
|12:00 PM||JBM Modeling Fashion Show||Nalani and Sarina (Pop-Rock)|
|12:30||JC Belly Dancers||Dog Food (Rock and Roll)|
|12:45||JC Children’s Theater|
|1:00||Bembe Dance Collective|
|1:15||McNair Academic Glee Club||Sea of Otters (Rock and Roll)|
|2:00||Runway Fashion’s Fashion Show||Field Station: Dinosaurs|
|2:20||Sleepy Wizard (Modern Rock)|
|2:40||Emerald Fire Dance|
|3:10||407 Moves from County Prep||Zone (Contemporary Jazz)|
|3:40||The Hope Center|
|4:00||Field Station: Dinosaurs||Mexican Folk Culture Performance|
|4:20||Waking Lights (Indie Rock)|
|4:40||My Passion Dance Studio|
|5:10||Vows (Indie Rock)|
|5:20||The Hope Center|
- Jang Star Tae Kwon Do
- Estampas Folkloricas de Mexico de Susana Merino courtesy of Cinco De Mayor Restaurant (401 Central Avenue)
- Hope Center Dancers
- Jaysin The Magician courtesy of All American Gold Buyers (279 Central)
- A baby T-Rex is now scheduled to appear courtesy of Field Station: Dinosaurs.
The Everything Jersey City Festival welcomes folks of all ages for a day filled with activities for the whole family. There is plenty to keep kids active including:
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Petting Zoo
- Super Slide
- Face painting
- and much more
This festival, and the Heights neighborhood in general, is a safe, family friendly place giving Hudson County’s youth a lifetime of warm memories of what main streets and urban life are all about.
This event would not be possible without continued support from sponsors. Businesses and organizations who become sponsors of the Everything Jersey City Festival enjoy a wide range of promotional benefits in conjunction with the event’s marketing campaigns. Additionally, this festival is designed to stimulate the local economy. Sponsors are reinvesting in our community by providing a much needed boost for local commerce.
If you or your business or organization is interested in becoming a sponsor at future events, please contact the CASID at (201) 656-1366 or send us an email request.
2012 Everything Jersey City Festival Sponsors:
Want to be part of this exciting event? The Everything Jersey City Festival encourages artists, artisans, crafters, festival food vendors, local businesses and community organizations to join with us as exhibitors. Such exhibitors at the festival will reach a crowd of thousands with their products, services or messages. Space is limited and is filled on a first come, first serve basis at the discretion of festival organizers.
The Exhibitor Application was due on April 21, 2012. The 2012 Everything Jersey City Festival is now full and only accpeting new applications for the waiting list. If you would like to receive future notice of this event, please join our JC Festival mailing list .
Reminder to all Everything J.C. Festival Exhibitors:
- Canopies (10’x10’) and tables are required for all vendors. Central Avenue businesses Kennedy Department Store (270 Central Ave., 201-420-8722) and C.H. Martin (256 Central Ave., 201-659-7055) have canopies available at very affordable prices.
- The event is rain or shine.
- Expect correspondence from festival no later than May 5th. All applicants should expect to notified by mail if they were accepted to this year’s festival. If you do not received email notification that your application is being processed, please email us immediately. Exhibitors will receive festival instructions in the mail for setup time and entry.
Before applying for this event, please be sure to read the Terms & Conditions attached to the application. If you would like to receive future notices for the festival, please join our JC Festival mailing list.