Visit the Central Avenue Shopping District & Heights Section of Jersey City
Central Avenue Special Improvement District (Boundaries)
Jersey City Heights residents can just follow the crowd. Central Avenue is up the street and around the corner. Jersey City Heights is a very walkable community and a big part of main street living.
- Driving Directions (Google Map)
- Parking on Central Avenue – There are nearly 250 street meter parking spaces serving the district and another 250 parking spaces in the surrounding municipal parking lots. Meter enforcement is Monday through Saturday, 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Parking in The Heights – Parking Zone 16 encompasses all of The Heights neighborhood (Map) and allows area visitors to park on the street up to 4 hours per day. Permits are required for all residents and area workers parked in the zone over 4 hours. Permits can be obtained online or at the Parking Enforcement Division Office, located at 394 Central Ave, Jersey City. Permit fees are established by City Ordinance 17-033. For more information, visit the City of Jersey City website.
Did you know that midtown Manhattan (NYC) Port Authority Bus Terminal is approximately 20 minutes away from the Jersey City Heights via bus route No. 119? [Read More]
- NJT #119 Bus Route (NYC Port Authority Bus Terminal via Central Ave)
- NJT #123 Bus Route/ Schedule
- NJT #125 Bus Route/ Schedule
- NJT #87 Bus Route/ Schedule
- NJT #88C Bus Route/ Schedule (via Central Ave)