Click on the links below to learn more about the 2010 festival that took place on Central Avenue in the Jersey City Heights.
|Exhibitor Info/ Application||Family Fun||Volunteer Information|
|Sponsors||Shopping – ONE DAY SALE||Getting to the Festival|
|Festival Entertainment||Taste of the Heights||Community Advisories|
Be sure to RSVP, via facebook, to receive updates and see who else is planning to attend the 2010 Everything Jersey City Festival. Did you miss last year’s event?
Take a look back at the 2009 Everything Jersey City Festival page.
Take a look back at the 2008 Everything Jersey City Festival page.
*Note: The festival was pushed back one week from its original date in respect to fallen Jersey City Police Officer Marc DiNardo. His memory is being honored in Washington D.C. the week of May 10. More info to follow.
In the News
- 4/12/2010 – NJ Monthly Magazine – Spring Getaways: Day Trips
- 5/18/2010 – Festival organizers expect biggest turnout yet Saturday in the Heights
- 5/20/2010 -Celebrating everything about Jersey City
- 5/21/2010 – Everything Jersey City ready for crowd tomorrow
- 5/24/2010 – 2010 Everything Jersey City Festival Photos
- 5/24/2010 – Photos: Everything Jersey City Festival
- 5/25/2010 – Federal and Local Officials Sign on in Support of UEZ at Everything Jersey City Festival
- 6/10/2010 – Project Porchlight Wows a Family Festival in Jersey City
“Thanks” to our 2010 Festival Sponsors
Businesses and organizations who become sponsors of the Everything Jersey City Festival enjoy a wide range of promotional benefits in conjunction with the events’ marketing campaigns. Additionally, this festival is designed to stimulate the local economy. Sponsors are reinvesting in our community by providing a much needed boost for local commerce.
If you or your business or organization is interested in becoming a future sponsor, please email or call the CASID at (201) 656-1366.
2010 Everything Jersey City Sponsors:
The Everything Jersey City Festival is organized by the Central Avenue Special Improvement District Management Corporation in partnership with Mayor Jerramiah T. Healy, the City of Jersey City Municipal Council and Division of Cultural Affairs, Hudson County Executive Thomas A. DeGise and Board of Chosen Freeholders. Paid for in part by the Jersey City Urban Enterprise Zone Program.
- The Benjamins – NJ’s favorite Modern-Arena Rock group!
- Paddy and the Pale Boys Your Favorite Irish Band – Boston’s Irish groups have nothing on these boys!
- Tru Brit – Reminsce of the 70s with this Tribute group!
- Verdict – We’re Jammin’! Reggae and Calypso under the sun!
- Swingadelic – Modern Big Band Music that’s so good, you’ll be saluting Uncle Sam!
- Rumba Con Son – Salsa & Latin Beats that’ll have you ‘Dancin’ in the Streets!’
- Christine Santelli – American Roots/Blues from Jersey City’s own world renowned female artist!
- Xol Azul Band – Rock en Español! Muy Caliente!
- CHOICE – Jersey City’s own Bad Boys of Acapella and Oldies are back!
- Edward Solomon and Go Falcon – New Age Pop/ Rock led by Jersey City’s own Edward Solomon of Hauptman Carpets – 307 Central Avenue
- Annelise Collette – Pop & RB with a soloist twist from one classy lady!
- N.V. US of JC – All the other Rock bands ENVY their style!
- Zone – Jazz that’s on point from musicians that truly get ‘in the zone!’
- Keith Vukan – Acoustic sounds from one talented musician!
- Dogfood JC – Bring all your dogs to see Jersey City’s local Rock favorite!
- Actors Shakespeare Company at NJCU
- Family Fitness Martial Arts
- Jang Star Taekwondo
- Hope Center Dancers
- Jersey City Liberty Cheerleaders
From local favorites to largely-known acts, there will be something for everyone on the four festival stages! Artists interested in performing at this or future festivals are encouraged to send their press kit, including an audio and/or video sample of their work, to the CASID for consideration. Scroll down for our mailing address, or email us. If you’re not a performer but know of a good one we should consider, tell us!
Rides and Amusements for the the kids:
- Rock Climbing Wall
- Petting Zoo
- Obstacle Course
- Super Slide
More to come. Check back for updates.
The Jersey City Department of Recreation and Hispanic Heritage Foundation Present “Central Avenue Street Soccer”! For more info, visit www.JerseyCitySoccer.org
Central Avenue Shopping
The CASID is coordinating a huge one day sale among Central Avenue (jewelry, clothing, shoes, furniture, etc) businesses on the day of the festival. Many Sales will offer 10% to 50% OFF select merchandise.
|Central Wireless||283 Central Ave||Cell Phones||50% Off|
|Chi-Chi’s||287 Central Ave||Women’s Clothing||50% Off|
|Christian Jewelers||390 Central Ave||Jewelry||30% to 50% Off|
|Dollar City||364 Central Ave||Discount Store||30% Off|
|Eye Contact Vision Center||368 Central Ave||Eye Glasses||30% Off|
|Game City||416 Central Ave||Video Games||50% Off|
|Genevieve’s Gift Shop||399 Central Ave||Gift Shop||25% Off|
|Hauptman Carpets||307 Central Ave||Carpets & Flooring||25 to 50% Off|
|Kennedy Dept. Store||270 Central Ave||Department Store||Select Merchandise|
|King’s Son||309 Central Ave||Clothing||25 to 50% Off|
|Rene Angelo Sports Store||429 Central Ave||Clothing||40% Off|
|Uniq Pets||457 Central Ave||Pet Shop||50% Off|
|West Coast Video||370 Central Ave||Movies||DVD 2/ $10 OR 3/$25|
Games $9.99 each or 2/ $25
Find great treats and bargains at the following Sidewalk Sales:
|All City Fitted||461 Central Ave||Clothing|
|Bond Drugs Inc||371 Central Ave||pharmacy|
|Daisy Cleaners||426 Central Ave||Dry Cleaners|
|DII Deals & Discounts||361 Central Ave||Department Store|
|Dollar City||364 Central Ave||Discount Store|
|Fabco Shoes||343 Central Ave||Shoe Store|
|Fiesta Party Center||409 Central Ave||Party Supplies|
|Garden State Restaurant||287 Central Ave||Restaurant|
|Goodtime Pharmacy||324 Central Ave||Pharmacy|
|King’s Son||309 Central Ave||Clothing|
|La Concha||384 Central Ave||Restaurant|
|La Nacional Corp.||391 Central Ave||Long Distance Calling|
|On The Ave||362 Central Ave||Clothing|
|Pearl Beauty Salon||413 Central Ave||Beauty Salon|
|Photo Professor||421 Central Ave||Photo Store|
|Rene Angelo Sport Store||429 Central Ave||Clothing|
|Smart Buyer||438 Central Ave||Discount Store|
|Stanley Prime Meat Market||425 Central Ave||Meat Market|
|UMR Pharmacy||424 Central Ave||Pharmacy|
|Uniq Pets||457 Central Avenue||Pet store|
|West Cost Video||370 Central Ave||movie rentals|
|WTC||439 Central Ave||Hair Salon|
|Young’s Fine Jewelry||355 Central Ave||Jewelry Store|
“Taste of the Heights”
So where are the good restaurants in the Height’s section of Jersey City? Many of them will be at the festival giving attendees a “Taste of the Heights.” As a special treat, participating restaurants will be inviting festivalgoers back this summer by distributing a limited number of gift certificates allowing a significant discount on one sit-down dinner from their full menu (terms and conditions apply).
Participating restaurants include:
|Mama Leona Pizza||249 Central Ave||(201) 659-0550|
|Cinco De Mayo||403 Central Ave||(201) 795-1527|
|El Carretero Restaurant||449 Central Ave||(201) 420-8889|
|El Sabroso Restaurant||414 Central Ave||(201) 216-1497|
|Garden State Restaurant||287 Central Ave||(201) 963-0240|
|Los Tres Chilitos||456 Central Ave||(201) 216-9699|
|Restaurante Delicias de Puerto Rico||514 Central Ave||(201) 779-0621|
|Rumba’s Café||513 Central Ave||(201) 216-9655|
The Exhibitor Application was due on April 21, 2010. The Everything Jersey City Festival is now full and is no longer accepting new applications. If you would like to receive notice of future events, please join our JC Festival mailing list.
The Everything Jersey City Festival will be featuring artists, crafters, festival food vendors, local businesses and organizations in 2010. Exhibitors at the festival will reach a crowd of thousands with their products, service or message. Spaces were filled on a first come, first served basis at the discretion of the Festival Committee.
Exhibitors who have already applied for the event will receive a mailing during the first week of May to confirm, or deny, their acceptance into this year’s festivities. If you applied for the event and do not receive a letter by May 9th, please contact the CASID asap.
Reminder to Everything J.C. Festival Exhibitors:
Canopies (10’x10’) and tables are required for all vendors. Central Avenue businesses Kennedy Department Store (270 Central Ave., 201-420-8722) and C.H. Martin (256 Central Ave., 201-659-7055) have canopies available at very affordable prices. If you plan to rent these items, contact the CASID for our preferred rental company. If you plan to rent these items, All Star Rentals (973-591-1333) is the festival’s preferred company.