Sign the Petition to Improve the New 119 Bus
Hudson County commuters and bus riders were relieved to hear Coach USA’s soon to be defunct bus 10/99s bus line that ran from Bayonne, through Jersey City and into Midtown Manhattan, would be replaced after it ended on November 6th. On November 7th, NJ Transit and Academy Bus Company will replace the 10/99s bus route with the brand new 119 bus route into the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown Manhattan.
As the new plans for the 119 Bus Route have emerged, a number of Jersey City Heights-based 10/99s commuters have voiced their fears that the current plan for the new 119 bus will leave many riders out in the cold.
The Top 5 Improvements Needed for the New 119 Bus Route:
5. Jersey City Locations to Purchase Monthly and 10-Trip Ticket Passes. Where is someone supposed to pick up their NJ Ticket passes if they live in Jersey City or Bayonne? Convenience is key.
4. Promotional Ticket Rates. New bus line. New customers. New rates.
3. Midday Bus Service. Many folks work the night shift or in the service industry. They need to know they can make their late-afternoon, early evening shifts.
2. Weekend Bus Service. Lots of people travel into NYC on the weekends. Some for work. Some for play.
And, the most crucial need of the new 119 Bus Route is:
1. Late-Evening and Early-Morning Service. The 10/99s’ buses between 10 PM and 3 AM coming back from Port Authority Bus Terminal are full of commuters. Hello Demand. But where is the supply?
What can you do? Sign the Petition: Help make the 119 Bus Route work for Hudson County commuters, NJ Transit and Academy. Sign the petition to tell your elected officials what works and help make the new 119 Bus the best bus route possible!