We are pleased to present the annual report of the CASID for the 2022 Calendar Year. The Central Ave SID continued to proudly serve the community, and witnessed the further development of this commercial corridor that we hold so dear. Our stakeholders have worked diligently, via its SID organization, to have another successful year on the avenue.
- Sixteen (16) Central Ave businesses opened their doors in 2022 with eight (8) coming soon. The year ended with a 94% occupancy rate for Central Avenue storefronts.
- Business Development – CASID continues to do big things on a small budget thus keeping Central Ave relevant in Hudson County with our active internet presence. In 2022, our social media accounts saw steady growth as they gained 1,229 new followers for a grand total of 13,573 followers. It continues to remain as one of the largest SID social media platforms in the State of New Jersey.
- Annual Holiday Lights – CASID has continued the tradition of adding holiday lights to brighten the seasonal festivities. In 2022, CASID spent $60,864 on holiday decorations to brighten the brand new streetscape during the holiday season.
- Sanitation – A busy commercial corridor like Central Avenue manages sanitation by encouraging merchants to sweep in front of their storefronts, working with Commercial District Services (CDS), and partnering with Jersey City DPW.
- Creative Placemaking (i.e. New Art Installations) – CASID welcomes two (2) new traffic box installation and one (1) new wall mural, currently being painted on the corner of Central Ave and South St. In 2022, CASID applied for a Local Art Program (LAP) grant from the Hudson County Office of Cultural & Heritage Affairs and was awarded $14,000 to spend on new art in the district.
- Government Relations (i.e. streetscape, parking garage, etc.)- Our advocacy and public/ private partnership with the City have paved the way for big infrastructure projects like the Central Avenue Streetscape and Roadway project. The SID facilitated the installation of new LED lights from PSE&G along the entire length of Central Ave.
The success of our main thoroughfare is a team effort, and we thank each SID member for doing their part. We have a great team in place and greatly appreciate your ongoing support for the important work we do.