The third annual “Central Avenue Auto and Music Show,” was again a grand success. We thank all of the performers, volunteers, participants, partners, and event sponsors for bringing the fun filled family event to the Jersey City Heights main street. The organizers planned an unforgettable day of family-friendly fun for the entire community. This rain or shine event took place on on Saturday May 20, 2017 between 11 AM and 5 PM in Central Avenue’s municipal parking lot (352 Central – near Lincoln and Bowers Street). No streets were closed during the event.
This event featured:
- A mix of classic and exotic cars;
- Several ours of entertainment featuring a dynamic lineup of performers
- Several exhibitors and numerous local participating businesses;
- Children activities including face painting, balloons, and give-a-ways;
- And an unforgettable day of family-friendly fun for the entire community.
The “Central Avenue Auto and Music Show” is organized by the Central Avenue Special Improvement District Management Corporation in partnership with Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop, Councilman Ward D, Michael Yun, the City of Jersey City Municipal Council and Division of Cultural Affairs, Hudson County Executive Thomas A. DeGise and Board of Chosen Freeholders. The event is hosted by the Central Avenue shopping district and is creative placemaking at its best. It is an exciting spring affair in the neighborhood that helps our shopping district connect with residents and shoppers in new fun ways.
|Sponsorship Opportunities||Music, Performers, & Entertainment|
|Exhibitor/ Vendor Application||Family Fun Event|
|About The Cars|
- 05/20/2017 – Photos by Jersey Journal’s Richard J. McCormack
- 05/20/2017 – Jersey Journal: Gleaming classic cars and live music on Central Avenue
- 05/16/2017 – Jersey City Auto Show Returns to Central Avenue Saturday
- 05/19/2017 – Top 13 Things To Do in Jersey City This Weekend via ChicpeaJC
- 05/10/2017 – 3rd Annual Central Avenue Auto & Music Show Announced
- Look back at the 2016 | 2015 event.
Latino Automotive Business Service (LABS619) Brings Beauties
Our exclusive auto show partner, Latino Automotive Business Services, LLC/ 619 Automotive Promotions, will be providing the cars participating at this event. Felix D. Velez, LABS Founder and CEO, has over 20 years of experience in the automotive industry with a specialization in parts sector. In conjunction with LABS, he also runs 619 Automotive Promotions which hosts auto shows and promotional events for auto dealers and repair shops. There will more than twenty cars on display at this event including a mix of classic and exotic cars. To learn more about LABS or about getting involved with the car show, visit the LABS website.
Music, Performances, and Entertainment
From Salsa Music to Modern Dance and Rock and Roll, there will be something for everyone on the event. Artists interested in performing at this or future festivals are encouraged to send their press kit, including an audio and/or video sample of their work, to the CASID for consideration. Scroll down for our mailing address, or email us. If you’re not a performer but know of a good one we should consider, tell us!
Sound Equipment and Engineering for this event is provided by Infinite Print/Productions. For more info,contact Rob: Ph: (862) 668-3094.
Confirmed For the Event:
- 11:00 AM – Grupo KaChe
- 12:00 PM – The Hope Center
- 12:30 PM – The Sensational Country Blues Wonder!
- 1:00 PM – Christine Santelli
- 2:00 PM – Conundrum
- 3:00 PM – The American Bombshells
The Auto & Music Show welcomes folks of all ages for a day filled with activities for the whole family. There is plenty to keep kids active including:
- Costume Characters by Jay’s Entertainment.
- Face painting
- and much more
This event, and the Heights neighborhood in general, is a safe, family friendly place giving Hudson County’s youth a lifetime of warm memories of what main streets and urban life are all about.
This event would not be possible without support from sponsors. Businesses and organizations who become sponsors of the Central Avenue Auto and Music Show enjoy a wide range of promotional benefits in conjunction with the event’s marketing campaigns. Sponsors are reinvesting in our community by providing a much needed boost for local commerce. If you or your business or organization is interested in becoming a sponsor, please contact the CASID at (201) 656-1366 or send us an email request.
Confirmed 2017 Sponsors:
|City of Jersey City|
|City of JC Division of Cultural Affairs|
|Dulce De Leche Bakery – 376 Central Avenue, Jersey City | (201) 243-3350|
|Eye Contact Vision Center – 368 Central Avenue, Jersey City | (201) 659-2774|
|Hola Doctor | Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey|
|Sneaker Room – 410 Central Avenue, Jersey City|
Central Avenue Shopping/ Exhibitors
Due to the very limited venue space, exhibitor spaces are only available to event sponsors and CASID Members. Other exhibitor applications and inquiries are not being considered at this time. If you would like to receive future notice of this event, please join our Email list.
Reminder to all Approved Exhibitors:
- Canopies (10’x10’) and tables are required for all vendors. You must bring your own in addition to tables and chairs.
- The event is rain or shine.
- Expect correspondence from CASID no later than May 9th. All applicants should expect to notified by mail if they were accepted to this event. If you do not received email notification that your application is being processed, please contact us immediately. Exhibitors will receive instructions in the mail for setup time and entry.