We are pleased to present the annual report of the CASID for the 2021 Calendar Year. The Central Avenue SID witnessed a global pandemic and has remained strong. Our stakeholders have worked collectively, via its SID organization, to have another successful year against all odds.
- Sixteen (16) Central Ave businesses opened their doors in 2021 with thirteen (13) coming soon.
- Business Development – CASID continues to do big things on a small budget thus keeping Central Ave relevant in Hudson County with our active internet presence.
- Annual Holiday Lights – CASID has continued the tradition of adding holiday lights to brighten the season festivities.
- Sanitation – A busy commercial corridor like Central Avenue manages sanitation by encouraging merchants to sweep in front of their storefronts, working with Commerical District Services (CDS), and partnering with Jersey City DPW.
- Creative Placemaking (ie. New Art Installations) – CASID welcomes three (3) art installations.
- Government Relations (i.e. streetscape, parking garage, etc.)- Our advocacy and public/ private partnership with the City have paved the way for big infrastructure projects like the Central Avenue Streetscape and Roadway project.
The success of our main thoroughfare is a team effort, and we thank each SID member for doing their part. We have a great team in place and greatly appreciate your ongoing support for the important work we do.
Click here to view our 2021 Annual Report