Visit the Central Avenue Shopping District & Heights Section of Jersey City
Central Avenue Special Improvement District (Boundaries)
Jersey City Heights residents can just follow the crowd. Central Avenue is up the street and around the corner. The Jersey City Heights is a very walkable community and a big part main street living.
- Driving Directions (Google Map)
- Parking - There are nearly 250 Street Meter Parking spaces serving the district and another 250 parking spaces in the surrounding Municipal Parking Lots.
Did you know that midtown Manhattan (NYC) Port Authority Bus Terminal is approximately 20 minutes away from the Jersey City Heights via bus route No. 119? [Read More]
- NJT #119 Bus Route (NYC Port Authority Bus Terminal via Central Ave)
- NJT #123 Bus Route/ Schedule
- NJT #125 Bus Route/ Schedule
- NJT #87 Bus Route/ Schedule
- NJT #88C Bus Route/ Schedule (via Central Ave)
Zipcar in the JC Heights!
And then there were three. Whether you’re traveling into NYC for a meeting or exploring the rest of the Garden State, having Zipcars available on-demand by the hour or the day allows members access to a convenient and affordable transportation solution. A Honda Civic named "Corburn" joins another Honda Civic named “Carthage” and a Toyota Corolla named “Gemmiti” in the Central Avenue municipal parking lot between Bowers & Griffith St. All three cars are now available for reservations. CASID members should checkout the Zipcar for Businessprogram which offers discounted driving rates Monday through Friday.