Everything Jersey City Festival
The Central Aveue S.I.D. Management Corporation (CASID) is pleased to announce that the next annual Everything Jersey City Festival is regularly scheduled for the third Saturday of each May. Click on the links below to learn more about the festival taking place on Central Avenue in the Jersey City Heights.
Attention Jersey City: We need your help! If you're interested in volunteering at the festival, please download this form and send it in to let us know!
Festival attendees are highly encouraged to take advantage of Jersey City’s extensive mass transit system to get to Central Avenue on the day of the festival:
- NJ Transit bus route: 88C to Central and Manhattan and detour along Summit
- NJ Transit bus routes: 87 to Central and Manhattan, 83 to Summit and Bowers, 85 to Central and Congress
- Hudson-Bergen Light Rail to the 9th Street-Congress Street station - take the elevator to Congress Street and take the FREE shuttle to Central Avenue
- PATH to Journal Square - take the 88C towards New York or 87 bus towards Hoboken
- Park and Ride: A shuttle will be available for festival goers who park in the Hudson County lot at Central Avenue and Hoboken Avenue. Limited parking will be available in municipal lots near Central Avenue (see map).
ATTENTION HEIGHTS RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES:
- TRAFFIC - Central Avenue will be closed to traffic between Hutton Street and Congress Street from 5 am to 8pm on the day of the festival to allow for setup and cleanup. Side streets adjacent to Central Avenue between Hutton Street and Congress Street will be closed to all traffic. Police officers will be posted at each closed intersection to assist residents of the closed streets in accessing their homes.
- PARKING - Parking will be prohibited on Central Avenue and short portions of some side streets during the street closure. Municipal lots will be open to the public. Every effort is being made to encourage festival visitors to take public transportation to the festival to ease the strain on parking near Central Avenue.
- MASS TRANSIT - NJ Transit bus route 88C will be rerouted around the closed portion of Central Avenue during the street closure.
- SHOPPING - Central Avenue businesses will be open during the festival, but due to event traffic, you are highly encouraged to run your weekly errands before the date of the next Everything Jersey City Festival.
The one-day inconvenience of the street closure will be offset by the many positive impacts of the festival, including the many family-friendly attractions that will be brought to Central Avenue, the opportunity for local non-profit and civic organizations to fundraise, and the boost for local businesses who participate as exhibitors.
The CASID appreciates the interest of the Jersey City community in bringing a memorable festival to Central Avenue. We thank you in advance for your patience and contribution to the festival. Check back again soon for more news and updates as we plan for the event!